Latest Instagrams
Jul 17, 2018

Week 9 Bumpdate/First Doctor's Appointment

I am currently sitting at my day job trying to focus but failing hardcore because I cannot stop thinking about my doctor's appointment this morning. It's the very first time I've ever been to the doctor's for pregnancy (obviously) and it was just the most intense feeling ever. I was shaking like a leaf pretty much the whole time and it all became so real when we did the ultrasound and I got to hear the heartbeat. The appointment went so well and I was so impressed with the staff and the facility that even through my nerves, I somehow still felt comfortable and I also felt like they were there to answer all my questions and never at any moment did I feel like I was getting rushed out. Southern California girls, if you are looking for a great OB/GYN, go see Dr. Chiodi in Murrieta!

The amount of emotions I have running through my head all day long is insane, one minute I feel like nothing else matters in the world other than our sweet little baby but then the next minute I am having a slight panic attack thinking about talking to my parents about the baby. At the end of the day though I keep coming back to the same thought that everything is going to be okay. It has to be and I have total faith that it will be. I am going into this new chapter of my life knowing that Tanner and I love each other with everything we have, we are both hardworking and willing to do whatever it is we need to do to make this little family we're building work and succeed, even if no one else thinks we can.

Tanner wasn't able to go with me today because we both still work together and there would have been no way he could have faked an excuse to leave work at the same time. I am one day away from 9 weeks so I thought I should just combine the two posts. Overall I am still feeling good, no morning sickness, only fatigue and breast tenderness which I guess is totally normal and the doctor said I should consider myself lucky that those are the only real side effects. My only cravings have been cookies, I just want to eat 10 cookies a day and Tanner calls me and baby his "cookie monsters" right now because of how much I want them, although I think he's enjoying it a little himself because every time I get a cookie somewhere, he gets one too. Tanner and I are just so overwhelmed with love and excitement and nervousness for our little one and we can't wait for this whole journey into parenthood.

Here's to week 9 with our little wild strawberry baby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins