Latest Instagrams
Aug 21, 2017

July Reads


It's been a few months since I've done a "reads" post but what can I say....life just gets busy sometimes. I also started school again so these posts are probably going to be become even more sparse because I am going to be reading boring text books until Christmas time (crying).

I really pushed myself to read this book because the movie came out this past weekend. the book was very good, it was a tough read in the sense that some of the stories about Jeannette Wall's life were sort of unbelievable because of how sad they were. Reading this book definitely made me very grateful for my sweet family. I think the biggest thing I took away from this book, is that alcohol messes up lives and not just the life of the alcoholic but all of the people surrounded by the alcoholism.

Fabian and I finally went on a date night too! It was just the two of us...no sisters or friends or parents tagging along for the fun. We went to Olive Garden for dinner which was super yummy but it's always hard to stay on track with healthy eating when you are surrounded by pasta and cheese! I did my best though. We went to see The Glass Castle in the theaters and I really liked it! I mean it's hard for me to not like something if it includes Woody Harrelson. It was definitely different from the book but not in a bad way...just  little more choppy.

Overall I think the book is worth a read and the movie is worth the watch at home. Rent it on Redbox or on demand, don't spend $40 to see it in the cinema! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins