Latest Instagrams
Apr 30, 2017

Young Blood

I have a very bad habit...it's more like a character flaw but I just want time to speed up and I want to know what my future holds. I want to know what school I am going to, who I am going to marry, when and if I am going to have children, where I am going to settle down, who my friends are going to be into adulthood. These are all questions that swirl around in my mind daily, and it doesn't help when you're at the age where people are starting to graduate from college or get engaged, married, or even starting a family! I will be the first one to say that I love social media but sometimes I feel like it hinders my ability to think clearly and think logically, seeing people around me advancing in life in so many amazing ways only makes me more insecure about my life, and I even let it affect my happiness sometimes!
A few weeks ago my friend, Fabian and I went to dinner and the topic came up about feeling "stuck" in life, I discovered that it's not just me, that my friend who has a degree and in my opinion is advancing in life perfectly, feels the exact same way I do sometimes, and it got me thinking. I think at my age and everyone in my age group probably feels the exact same way at one point or another, we all want the best for ourselves and at times, it seems like it's never going to happen (I do it all the time), but I think the important thing to remember is that it is going to happen, not overnight and not without work, but it is, and it will happen when God wants it to happen.
I know, I know...blah blah blah...I sound like every other teen or person in their early 20's, but I think making light of the subject doesn't help either, I realize at the end of the day it's all going to be okay and tomorrow is always a new day for new opportunities, but this post is for those moments when it seems like tomorrow is never going to come and you think you're going to live at home forever or be stuck in the same town or job.
For myself, I think the most important thing I can do is LIVE! Live life to the fullest, have fun, try not to stress about every little thing, and give more of my trust to God, he knows what he's doing and just because I may not be married with a child living in a cute apartment right now, doesn't mean that's not in the cards for me someday...or He might have something bigger planned.

This song (the reason for the title) and the paragraph (my friend sent me) help me feel better on those "hard days"





No comments:

Post a Comment

Latest pins